Tennessee Child Support Resources in Tennessee Divorce Law
Resources for Information about TN Child Support Laws
Tennessee child support resources for additional learning about child support in Tennessee divorce law from Memphis family law attorney Miles Mason, Sr.
Tennessee Child Support Guidelines are “Rules” promulgated by the Tennessee Department of Human Services. These Rules are applied as law by all courts in Tennessee with jurisdiction over child support. The “Income Shares Model” is a phrase describing that under our new child support law (effective January 2005), both parents’ income is considered in determining child support.
Tennessee Child Support Worksheet (PDF) – For use in calculating child support obligation
Tennessee Child Support Calculator – This is the link to the State of Tennessee web site with instructions to begin running child support calculations.
Child Support in TN Blogs:
Tennessee Child Support Blog – by Miles Mason, Sr. on WordPress. While this is an excellent resource for some reference, in 2013 we discontinued adding to it. All current updates, analysis, and commentary are now on this site and its Tennessee Family Law Blog.
Best Web Site and Best Book on Complicated National Child Support Issues
Best child support law web site in United States from the nation’s leading expert, Laura Morgan, Esq. The site includes helpful information, tips, and traps for problems most common to difficult child support cases. Laura Morgan was the Chair of the American Bar Association Family Law Section for many years. She authored Child Support Guidelines: Interpretation and Application (Aspen Law & Business), the leading treatise on child support law. Laura Morgan works with attorneys across the nation with challenging legal issues including child support.
Modification of Tennessee Child Support:
References, Resources and More:
- Tennessee Child Support Laws
- Tennessee Child Support Law Answers to FAQs
- Child Support Enforcement & Collection
- When does Tennessee child support end for a parent of one child?
- Tennessee Parenting Plans and Child Support Worksheets: Building a Constructive Future for Your Family
- Tennessee Family Law Blog – Child Support
- Tennessee Divorce Laws
- The Tennessee Divorce Process: How Divorces Work Start to Finish
- Tennessee Alimony Law
- Your First Steps: 7 Steps Planning Your Tennessee Divorce | Free eBook
- The Tennessee Divorce Client’s Handbook: What Every Divorcing Spouse Needs to Know