Top 7 Child Custody Strategies in Tennessee Divorce
How to Maximize Your Parenting Time.
How to Win Child Custody in a Tennessee Divorce.
Best Tennessee custody and divorce strategies and strategic advice from Memphis divorce attorney Miles Mason, Sr. for parents seeking to be awarded the most amount of parenting time and be awarded primary residential parent status. This message about Tennessee custody is for clients and friends in Collierville, Germantown, Bartlett, Eads, and Memphis, Tennessee and the surrounding area.
Hi, I’m Miles Mason. This message about Tennessee custody is for clients and friends in Collierville, Germantown, and Memphis, Tennessee and the surrounding area. Tennessee custody strategy in divorce law is important. Here are the top 7 Tennessee custody battle strategies:
- Read and study the factors for Tennessee custody. Share with your lawyer every important fact and piece of evidence, good and bad, applicable to the factors.
- If you have been the primary caregiver for the children, be prepared to prove it.
- If the children are happy, are healthy, are well-adjusted, and have good grades, and you were their primary caregiver, be prepared to prove it.
- If the other parent has engaged in an inappropriate activity, be prepared to prove it. Consider hiring a private investigator.
- If you have concerns over the other parent’s mental health, be prepared to prove it. Consider asking the court to appoint a forensic psychologist to perform an independent child custody evaluation or court-ordered mental evaluation. (For more information, see Miles Mason, Sr.’s article published in the Tennessee Bar Journal, A Guide to the Independent Child Custody Evaluation.)
- Understand that there is often no such thing as “winning” a custody battle. Keep your children out of disputes. Even if you are honest and heartfelt in discussing your divorce with your children, the judge will likely hold this against you.
- Don’t date. Focus your efforts on demonstrating to the court that your children are your first priority.
Best Tennessee custody and divorce strategies and strategic advice from Memphis divorce attorney Miles Mason, Sr. for parents seeking to be awarded primary residential parent status.
References, Resources and More:
- Tennessee Child Custody Laws
- Tennessee Child Custody Laws in Divorce – Answers to FAQs
- Tennessee Parenting Plans and Child Support Worksheets: Building a Constructive Future for Your Family
- Top 7 Tennessee Custody Divorce Strategies | How To Win Custody in a Tennessee Divorce
- Child Custody – Tennessee Family Law Blog for updates, analysis, commentary & case law summaries