Trial or Settlement in Tennessee Divorce Law?
Trial or Settlement in Tennessee Divorce Law? Thoughts on what it means to settle or go to trial in Tennessee divorce cases.
- There are no settlement opportunities (for example, both parties demand final decision-making authority with the children), or
- The settlement offer from the other spouse does not make financial sense and your proposed settlement has been rejected, or
- There is a difference of opinion of law between the parties’ attorneys in which there is little “middle ground.
The topic of trials include the following:
- Grounds for divorce;
- Identification, classification, valuation and division of marital property;
- Child custody and visitation;
- Child support; and