Tennessee Post-Nuptial Agreements after Marriage and/or Infidelity
Tennessee Post-Nuptial Agreements after Marriage or Infidelity Information about post-nuptial agreements from Memphis divorce lawyer Miles Mason, Sr.
A Word of Caution
In situations where one spouse surprises the other with a Postnuptial Agreement and claims that the agreement is really for an otherwise benign reason, such as estate planning or tax avoidance purposes, be careful. Definitely obtain expert and independent legal advice. In this circumstance, the spouse receiving the proposal should never rely on the word of the proposing spouse or rely on the advice of the other spouse’s attorney. Rarely are these documents prepared in a vacuum. The other spouse may be making his or her first move as part of a very well thought-out marriage exit plan.
Additional Tennessee Property Division Resources
References, Resources and More:
- Tennessee Divorce Laws
- The Tennessee Divorce Process: How Divorces Work Start to Finish
- Tennessee Divorce Laws FAQs | Filing for Divorce in Tennessee & Forms
- Tennessee Child Support Laws
- Tennessee Alimony Law
- Divorcing the Narcissist
- Your First Steps: 7 Steps Planning Your Tennessee Divorce | Free eBook
- The Tennessee Divorce Client’s Handbook: What Every Divorcing Spouse Needs to Know
- Tennessee Parenting Plans and Child Support Worksheets: Building a Constructive Future for Your Family
- The Forensic Accounting Deskbook: A Practical Guide to Financial Investigation and Analysis for Family Lawyers